Subject: Re: git-filter-branch.1: Some remarks and a patch with editorial changes for this man page

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2025 12:16:07 -0700

Bjarni Ingi Gislason <[email-masked]> writes:

> Package: git-man
> Version: 1:2.47.2-0.1
> Severity: minor
> Tags: patch

Thanks for noticing and reporting.

The patches you made against git-<foo>.1 files (this message and the
other one for imap-send) unfortunately are not something we can use,
as all we write is asciidoc sources, e.g. a URL with marked up this
way,

    https://github.com/newren/git-filter-repo/[git filter-repo]

and it seems to me that the problem you are reporting and groff has
trouble with is how the URL marked up that way is rendered in roff.

I think what needs to be patched would be the toolchain that goes
from AsciiDoc input files to xml to manpages, not intermediate
output files for individual documentation source files.

Thanks.