Subject: Re: [PATCH v11 25/26] meson: fix conflicts with in-flight topics

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2024 10:20:40 +0900

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I've split this commit out into a separate fixup-style commit such that
>> it is possible to test this topic both with and without "seen" merged
>> into it. You can simply revert this commit to test without "seen".
>
> Now I had to reconstruct these "fixup-style" commits and they appear
> under ref/merge-fix/ hierarchy in my broken-out repository published
> at https://github.com/gitster/git.git/ (and no other fallback URLs;
> it might make sense to have another repository for redundancy, but
> it is an unrelated tangent).  In addition to these listed four, a
> newly added ds/backfill also needs refs/merge-fix/ds/backfill to
> adjust.

I now have merge-fix changes for the topics that add new sources and
test scripts that are not covered by [01-24/26] of this series, and
dropped [26/26] (the reversion of [25/26]).  The [25/26], adjustment
for topics in flight in 'seen', is still at the tip of ps/build but
the merge of ps/build into 'seen' is now a no-op, which is a good
sign, as these merge-fix changes for each topic are designed to make
resulting merge of each of these topics successfully work with the
meson build infrastructure, and ps/build~1 [01-24/26] is merged a
lot earlier on the master..seen chain in preparation for merging
them to 'next'.

The next step for me is to see if we want v12 of the series, and if
not, merge [01-24/26] down to 'next'.

Thanks.