Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] check-non-portable-shell: improve `VAR=val shell-func` detection

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 11:10:52 -0700

Kyle Lippincott <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is there an example of a shell on Linux that has this behavior that I
> can observe, and/or reproduction steps?

Every once in a while this comes up and we fix, e.g.

https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

which is from a query

    https://lore.kernel.org/git/?q=one-shot+export+shell+function

but unfortunately we do not document which exact shell the observed
breakage happened with.

The closest article I found that is suitable as a discussion
reignitor talks about what POSIX requires, which may be more
relevant:

  https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/