Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: note that interactive.singleKey is disabled by default

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2024 11:28:45 -0700

Dragan Simic <[email-masked]> writes:

> diff --git a/Documentation/config/interactive.txt b/Documentation/config/interactive.txt
> index 5cc26555f19a..067496d77cea 100644
> --- a/Documentation/config/interactive.txt
> +++ b/Documentation/config/interactive.txt
> @@ -5,6 +5,7 @@ interactive.singleKey::
>  	linkgit:git-add[1], linkgit:git-checkout[1],
>  	linkgit:git-restore[1], linkgit:git-commit[1],
>  	linkgit:git-reset[1], and linkgit:git-stash[1].
> +	This is disabled by default.

Hmph, an optional configuration is optional because the lack of it
means the feature behind it does not trigger.

While it makes tons of sense to mention what the default is when
there are more than true or false choices (e.g. "defaults to never,
among possible choices never/local/remote/always"), or if it
defaults to true and the knob is to opt out of it, it feels like it
adds unnecesary noise to say "defaults to off" for a configuration
that is clearly a Boolean.

So I dunno.