Subject: Re: t5559 breaks with apache 2.4.55

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 13:45:10 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> ...
> But that does at least give me more confidence that the bug is in
> mod_http2, and isn't, say, some intentional behavior change there that
> happens to trigger a bug in curl.
>
> I opened an issue here: https://github.com/icing/mod_h2/issues/243
>
> So we'll see if that helps.

Thanks.  I've seen that the above issue may have redirected the
investigation to cURL, and over time, I expect taht this will start
to trigger in more environments (as Apache 2.4.55 and mod_h2 2.0.10
propagates) before it fixes itself (as fixed versions of these
things we use in our tests percolates down).

In the meantime, perhaps we should punt with a patch like this?

------------ >8 ------------
Subject: [PATCH] t5559: skip a known-to-be-broken test

t5559 runs the same set of tests as t5551 under HTTP/2 but one of
them started failing with Apache 2.4.55 and mod_h2 2.0.10 (but not
with HTTP/1.1).  Newer mod_h2 is known to have fixed the issue.

In the meantime, skip the test.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---
 t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git c/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh w/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
index bc0719a4fc..52159e8b6f 100755
--- c/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
+++ w/t/t5551-http-fetch-smart.sh
@@ -350,7 +350,8 @@ test_expect_success CMDLINE_LIMIT \
 	)
 '
 
-test_expect_success 'large fetch-pack requests can be sent using chunked encoding' '
+# https://github.com/icing/mod_h2/issues/243
+test_expect_success !HTTP2 'large fetch-pack requests can be sent using chunked encoding' '
 	GIT_TRACE_CURL=true git -c http.postbuffer=65536 \
 		clone --bare "$HTTPD_URL/smart/repo.git" split.git 2>err &&
 	{