Subject: Re: [PATCH] env-helper: move this built-in to to "test-tool env-helper"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:06:31 -0800

Andrei Rybak <[email-masked]> writes:

>> --- a/Makefile
>> +++ b/Makefile
>> @@ -799,6 +799,7 @@ TEST_BUILTINS_OBJS += test-dump-fsmonitor.o
>>   TEST_BUILTINS_OBJS += test-dump-split-index.o
>>   TEST_BUILTINS_OBJS += test-dump-untracked-cache.o
>>   TEST_BUILTINS_OBJS += test-example-decorate.o
>> +TEST_BUILTINS_OBJS += test-env-helper.o
>
> The .o files are sorted alphabetically in TEST_BUILTINS_OBJS, so
> test-env-helper.o should be above test-example-decorate.o

I'll locally tweak to correct this, to prevent this patch from
making it worse, but the ordering of other entries are already
broken at other places (e.g. around test-rot13-filter.o).  Somebody
may want to send in a clean-up patch, or alternatively we may not
care too deeply and doing nothing about it ;-).

Thanks.