Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] mingw: remove msysGit/MSYS1 support

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2023 17:52:37 +0900

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> It would be good to avoid over-indexing on individual person's
> preferences. While it seems to be quite common in the Git project, it is
> obvious how this harms the Git project more than e.g. focusing on users'
> needs would.
>
> A more productive line of thought would therefore be:
>
> 	MSys has long fallen behind MSYS2 in features like Unicode or
> 	x86_64 support or even security bug fixes, and is therefore no
> 	longer used by anyone in the Git developer community. The Git for
> 	Windows project itself started switching from MSys to MSYS2 early
> 	in 2015, i.e. about eight years ago. Let's drop supporting MSys as
> 	a development platform.

Nicely written.

Will expect a reroll with Acked-by: added with updated description,
hopefully by the end of the week when I'll come back online?

Thanks.