Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] CI: migrate away from deprecated "set-output" syntax

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 08:57:39 +0900

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

>     +-          echo "::set-output name=base::$base"
>     +-          echo "::set-output name=head::$head"
>     ++          cat >>$GITHUB_OUTPUT <<-EOF
>     ++          base=$base
>     ++          head=$head
>     ++          EOF

Hmph, I do not trust this part.

The redirection operator "<<-" causes the leading tabs in the
here-doc-text stripped, but the .yml file does not indent with tab
to begin with.

I suspect the leading spaces will all be stripped and not seen by
the shell, so the distinction may not matter, which means the use of
"<<-" is very much misleading.

Let's stick to the dumb and proven

	echo "base=$base" >>$GITHUB_OUTPUT
	echo "head=$head" >>$GITHUB_OUTPUT

instead, which is used throughout the rewrite in this patch.