Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/16] Builtin FSMonitor Part 2.5

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 08:02:27 +0000

"Jeff Hostetler via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm calling this series part 2.5. It should be inserted between parts 2 and
> 3. I'll send a new version of part 3 after I send part 2.5.
>
> This series is a bunch of "fixup!" commits for part 2. It addresses feedback
> on part 2 that wasn't received until after part 2 had graduated to "next".

Better late than never, but I am sensing that part 2 was
under-reviewed and we pushed it too hastily?

> I was originally planning to include them at the beginning of part 3, but
> since there are so many, I thought it would be easier to add a fixup series
> in the middle.

I think that is prudent.  Let's give part 3 (which ought to be more
interesting than part 2.5) a more solid ground to build upon, and to
prepare for that, let's first avoid repeating the mistake of merging
a series in an under-reviewed state to 'next'.

Will queue (but not tonight).

Thanks.