Subject: Re: [PATCH] connect: also update offset for features without values

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 00:12:03 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ah, yeah, I forgot we had that. I _thought_ we had a variable ($HT or
> something) for this, but it looks like we only define and use it in a
> few scripts.

I do not mind seeing a patch that consolidates them to test-lib.sh
and make HT sit next to SQ and LF.

> Yeah, that'd probably be OK. I usually shy away from embedded tabs
> because they can cause confusion in editors. But we have them already,
> and this kind of expected output is not touched all that often.

Hmph, I do shy away from trailing whitespaces and we cannot do
leading tabs when doing <<-EOF, but I haven't seen much problem with
them in the middle of a line.

It does become annoying when they happen to be at the 7th column
because it is hard to tell (even with one-letter-at-a-time move
command in your editor) if it is a SP or HT, but q-to-tab in the
middle of lines would make the result much harder to read and the
cure is worse than the disease.