Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/3] fixup! reftable: add dump utility

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2021 10:24:00 -0700

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón  <[email-masked]> writes:

> avoid _XOPEN_SOURCE in alpine by making sure git-compat-util.h is included
> first (through hash.h) as recommended and therefore avoid:

The headers cache.h and builtin.h are the only ones whose inclusion
allows the source to omit an explicit inclusion of git-compat-util.h
and we'd prefer the inclusion of git-compat-util.h to be explicit
here, not through hash.h.  Just including git-compat-util.h directly
without moving inclusion of hash.h should be sufficient.

diff --git a/reftable/dump.c b/reftable/dump.c
index 668cfa8996..eb7b2b4161 100644
--- a/reftable/dump.c
+++ b/reftable/dump.c
@@ -6,6 +6,7 @@ license that can be found in the LICENSE file or at
 https://developers.google.com/open-source/licenses/bsd
 */
 
+#include "git-compat-util.h"
 #include "reftable-blocksource.h"
 #include "reftable-error.h"
 #include "reftable-merged.h"