Subject: Re: sb/submodule-recursive-checkout-detach-head

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 09:21:17 +0900

Stefan Beller <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Detaching the submodule HEAD is in line with the current thinking
>>> of submodules, though I am about to send out a plan later
>>> asking if we want to keep it that way long term.
>>
>> Did this "send out a plan" ever happen?
>
> No. (Not yet?)
>
>>  I am about to rewind 'next'
>> and rebuild on top of v2.15, and wondering if I should keep the
>> topic or kick it back to 'pu' so that a better justification can be
>> given.
>
> Feel free to kick back to 'pu'.

OK.

I am puzzled by the question mark after "Not yet", which I could
interpret as "it is even questionable to Stefan that it may or may
not happen", but I'd assume that kicking back to 'pu' and allowing
it to be reroll will be taken as an opportunity to skip such a
separate "plan" and instead to clearify the plan and design in an
updated log message--that is fine by me, too.

Thanks.