Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 09/11] Test read_early_config()

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:32:46 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 09/11] Test read_early_config()
>> 
>> Let's retitle it to
>> 
>> 	t1309: test read_early_config()
>
> I specifically avoided that, as it would sound as if I modified t1309. But
> I *added* that file.

Then please stop specifically avoiding that style.

For a reader of the shortlog, a title that identifies the area (and
in t/ scripts, it is common to give the test file name as the
identification) it touches gives useful information, i.e. "Thanks to
this commit, we have a test for read-early-config in t1309 now".
Doing s/in t1309 now/somewhere now/ makes the title less useful.

Thanks.