Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/4] delete_ref: accept a reflog message argument

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 14:29:51 -0800

Duy Nguyen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> diff --git a/refs.h b/refs.h
>> index 9fbff90e7..5880886a7 100644
>> --- a/refs.h
>> +++ b/refs.h
>> @@ -276,8 +276,8 @@ int reflog_exists(const char *refname);
>>   * exists, regardless of its old value. It is an error for old_sha1 to
>>   * be NULL_SHA1. flags is passed through to ref_transaction_delete().
>>   */
>> -int delete_ref(const char *refname, const unsigned char *old_sha1,
>> -              unsigned int flags);
>> +int delete_ref(const char *msg, const char *refname,
>> +              const unsigned char *old_sha1, unsigned int flags);
>
> Is it just me who thinks it's weird that msg comes in front here?

You and anybody who didn't read what was discussed earlier, methinks
;-)  cf. <[email-masked]>

> ... You'll
> probably want to update the comment block above if msg can be
> NULL.

Good suggestion.

Thanks for taking a look at this topic.  IIRC a recent update to one
of your topics introduced a new conflicts with this one.