Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 00/19] index-helper/watchman

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 13:30:37 -0700

Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 10/05/16 12:52, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>> On ma, 2016-05-09 at 15:22 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>> It passes on one box and fails on another.  They both run the same
>>> Ubuntu 14.04 derivative, with same ext3 filesystem.  The failing one
>>> is on a VM.
>> 
>> Same here, except ext4 instead of ext3. Failing on a virtual machine,
>> not failing on a physical one.
>
> I can confirm the trend:
>
>     Linux Mint 17.3, ext4 - bare-metal pass, (Virtual Box) VM fail.
>
> ATB,
> Ramsay Jones

I do not think there is anything VM specific, though.  If it is
SIGPIPE, it is very much understandable it is timing dependent, and
VMness may be a cause of timing differences, nothing more.

I seem to getting the failure on my physical box today, by the way.