Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 1/2] http: support sending custom HTTP headers

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 12:40:58 -0700

Lars Schneider <[email-masked]> writes:

[administrivia: next time please snip the 224 lines you are not
responding to when commenting on only five lines].

>> +<LocationMatch /smart_headers/>
>> +	<RequireAll>
>> +		Require expr %{HTTP:x-magic-one} == 'abra'
>> +		Require expr %{HTTP:x-magic-two} == 'cadabra'
>> +	</RequireAll>
>
> I think "<RequireAll>" depends on mod_authz_core which is only
> available in Apache HTTPD 2.3 or later [1].
>
> Right now the test only checks if Apache version greater 2
> is installed. Should we guard this test with a special version
> check? Or do you see a way to check the magic values without
> "<RequireAll>"?
>
> I only noticed this because I enabled these tests on Travis-CI
> and the Travis Linux box comes with Apache 2.2.22 installed...
>
> - Lars
>
> [1] https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_authz_core.html

2.2 is 12 years old, but the last update is last summer, which is
still fairly recent.  It would be really nice if we can accomodate
2.2.x series.

It is only test, so it probably is OK to skip it in the worst case,
but on the other hand, the point of having CI is so that we can
catch bugs that would manifest only in tests that normal people
would not run regularly, so...

Thanks. Real-world value of having Travis canary is seen here.