Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] Teach reset the same short-hand as checkout

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 19:34:04 -0700

Sudhanshu Shekhar <[email-masked]> writes:

> "-" now means the previous branch.
>
> Signed-off-by: Sudhanshu Shekhar <[email-masked]>
> Thanks-to: Eric Sunshine, Junio C Hamano, Matthieu Moy
> ---

These look unusual for a few reasons: your S-o-b should be at the
end, we usually say Helped-by: instead, and we do not use these with
multiple names on a single line.

Please do not try to be original without a good reason.  We may
start counting the number of times people appear on these footers to
see how much contribution those who do not directly author commits
(read: those who mentor others) are making.

>  builtin/reset.c | 9 ++++++++-
>  1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

The comment I gave in the thread that ends at $gmane/265112 would
apply equally to this patch, I think.

cf. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/264986/focus=265112