Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 00/32] Lockfile correctness and refactoring

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 15:35:25 -0700

Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:

> This series applies to the current "master". There is a trivial
> conflict between these changes and "next", and a few not-too-serious
> conflicts between these changes and Ronnie's reference-related series
> in "pu".

The conflicts weren't very pretty as rs/transaction* series
progressed, but I think I got something readable queued at the tip
of 'jch' (which is what I usually run myself and is at somewhere
between 'pu^{/match next}' and 'pu').

I'd appreciate if both of you can double check the result.

> I've figured out how to resolve the conflicts locally. Is
> there some form in which I can put the conflict resolution that would
> help you?

A public tree that shows a suggested conflict resolution, so that I
can try it myself without looking at it first and then compare my
result with yours, would probably be the easiest for both of us.  In
the worst case, I could fetch from such a tree, use rerere-train in
contrib/ and figure out any necessary evil-merges that are not
covered by rerere.

Thanks.