Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 1/4] commit test: Use test_config instead of git-config

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:35:51 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Caleb Thompson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Some of the tests in t/t7507-commit-verbose.sh were still using
>> git-config to set configuration. Change them to use the test_config
>> helper.
>
> "were still using" is only a half of the story, and we need to be
> more careful than that, though.

I'd rephrase it like so if I were doing this patch myself:

    Subject: t7507: use test_config instead of git-config
    
    Some of the tests in t/t7507-commit-verbose.sh uses git-config
    to set configuration, but the updated variable setting does not
    have to be used in later tests.
    
    Change them to use the test_config helper.