Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 02/12] replay: extract logic to pick commits

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2025 13:41:38 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> We're about to add a new git-history(1) command that will reuse some of
> the same infrastructure as git-replay(1). To prepare for this, extract
> the logic to pick a commit into a new "replay.c" file so that it can be
> shared between both commands.
>
> Rename the function to have a "replay_" prefix to clearly indicate its
> subsystem.
>
> Signed-off-by: Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  Makefile         |   1 +
>  builtin/replay.c | 110 ++--------------------------------------------------
>  meson.build      |   1 +
>  replay.c         | 115 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  replay.h         |  18 +++++++++
>  5 files changed, 138 insertions(+), 107 deletions(-)

A clean refactoring that --color-moved helps vastly in reading.  I
wish all our patches are this easy ;-)