Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 01/10] xdiff: delete static forward declarations in xprepare

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2025 15:43:14 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Huh, I have viewed this patch with --color-moved dozens of times. I
>> think CLion (My IDE of choice for C) "fixed" that for me, and I didn't
>> notice until you pointed it out. Elijah missed it too. Maybe my
>> terminal needs a more extreme contrast, so it's easier for me to spot
>> things like that.
>
> Yep, I did.  In fact, in v1 of the series Ezekiel didn't call out the
> --color-moved thing, but I used it and mentioned it in my review, and
> Ezekiel decided to mention it in v2.  When I looked at the
> --color-moved output, I saw the sea of purple and blue and skimmed
> quickly to verify it was all purple and blue -- and apparently didn't
> see the one red character amidst the purple and the one green
> character amidst the blue.  Since the range-diff showed no differences
> to v1 and I had already thought this patch was fine from v1, I didn't
> look at it any closer.
>
> So, not only did I miss it, but I missed it despite being the one to
> suggest that flag after using it myself.  Oops.

Heh, no harm done.  With enough eyeballs, these little things will
be found ;-)