Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] pretty: add X-Change-ID to mail formats

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2025 17:50:17 -0700

"Drew DeVault" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I haven't gotten much actionable feedback on this patch yet,
> so there's not much to do here but wait for more reviewers.

For a topic that is older than 6 weeks, I am afraid that is a losing
strategy.  People who might have cared about the topic said all they
wanted to say, new people are less likely to discover the topic than
it was fresh, and unless you make an action (e.g., posting the "next
patch version" you mentioned in [*1*]), it is highly unlikely for
anything to happen while you are passive.  Even a small update that
addresses all the little feedback would serve as a "ping" to reignite
interests.

You seem to have liked the approach to generalize and encode all the
commit object headers (except for of course the object name and
author and committer ident, which already have place to be in the
format-patch output) on an e-mail header in [*2*].  That should be
sufficient for a small update that tries to reignite interests.

[References]

*1* https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
*2* https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/