Subject: [PATCH v3] doc: interactive.singleKey is disabled by default

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2024 15:27:17 -0700

From: Dragan Simic <[email-masked]>

Make it clear that the interactive.singleKey configuration option is
disabled by default, using rather subtle wording that avoids an
emphasis on the actual default value.  This should eliminate any
associated doubts.

While there, touch up the remaining wording of the description a bit.

Signed-off-by: Dragan Simic <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
---

 * While I think it is pointless to say an optional on/off switch
   defaults to off, the structure of the paragraph is better with
   the updated text overall, so let's take this version before we
   forget.

 Documentation/config/interactive.txt | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/config/interactive.txt b/Documentation/config/interactive.txt
index 5cc26555f1..8b876cb4eb 100644
--- a/Documentation/config/interactive.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config/interactive.txt
@@ -1,8 +1,8 @@
 interactive.singleKey::
-	In interactive commands, allow the user to provide one-letter
-	input with a single key (i.e., without hitting enter).
-	Currently this is used by the `--patch` mode of
-	linkgit:git-add[1], linkgit:git-checkout[1],
+	When set to true, allow the user to provide one-letter input
+	with a single key (i.e., without hitting the Enter key) in
+	interactive commands.  This is currently used by the `--patch`
+	mode of linkgit:git-add[1], linkgit:git-checkout[1],
 	linkgit:git-restore[1], linkgit:git-commit[1],
 	linkgit:git-reset[1], and linkgit:git-stash[1].
 
-- 
2.45.2-445-g1b76f06508