Subject: Re: A note from the maintainer

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 18:01:39 -0700

"Brian Lyles" <[email-masked]> writes:

> To me, this initially sounded like it meant "your patch was not
> something that the git maintainers would be interested in accepting". I
> *suspect* that what is actually meant here is "your patch was
> straightforward and non-controversial to the point that no members of
> the list saw it and felt the need to comment on it", though to be honest
> I am not 100% sure.

I actually meant what I wrote.

It is possible that the reason why your patch did not receive any
response was because it was uninspiring, looked useless, and did not
deserve anybody's attention.  But it is also possible that it was
lost in the noise.

And pinging on the topic by responding to your own message is not
just acceptable but very much appreciated way to remind others who
may have missed it, in case it is the latter.

If a topic is truly obvious and straight-forward, it may be taken
silently to 'seen' and even to 'next', and since it is suggested for
the contributors to look at "master..seen", such a topic would not
fall into the "hear nothing about it from anybody for a long time"
category anyway.