Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/4] t1300: add more tests for whitespace and inline comments

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 07:28:50 -0700

Dragan Simic <[email-masked]> writes:

> Oh, I just saw that you've already picked this patch up in the "seen"
> branch.  Would you prefer if I make this change and submit the v4, or
> to perform the change in the already planned follow-up patches, which
> would also clean up some other tests a bit?

The purpose of the "seen" branch is to bundle the branches the
maintainer happens to have seen, and to remind the maintainer that
the topics in them might turn out to be interesting when they are
polished.  Nothing more than that.  Consider that a topic only in
"seen" is not part of "git" yet.

The contributors can use it to anticipate what topics from others
may cause conflict with their own work, and find people who are
working on these topics to talk to before the potential conflicts
get out of control.  It would be a good idea to fork from maint or
master to grow a topic and to test (1) it by itself, (2) a temporary
merge of it to 'next' and (3) a temporary merge to it to 'seen',
before publishing it.