Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 03/10] trailer: unify trailer formatting machinery

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 08:41:33 -0800

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> ..., if that gives us a readable set of bite-sized changes that
> prepare a solid foundation to rebuild things on top.  I am having a
> feeling that not even a single person has reviewed them on list even
> though we are already at the third iteration, which is quite
> frustrating (and I would imagine that it would be frustrating for
> you, too), ...

I guess "not even a single person" was a bit unfair, given that we
did see some minor comments from me and also Josh during the first
round.

But neither of two rounds saw any in-depth reviews that question "is
the code doing the right thing?", which would take a real reading of
and a comparison between the code before and after the patches, with
some understanding of how things have been working, how things were
envisioned to evolve, and how the patch author would want to change
the course of the evolution of the code in the longer term.  

Christian, you've been touching the code in this area the longuest.
Can we have some of your time reviewing these?

Thanks.