Subject: Re: cmake topics & js/ci-disable-cmake-by-default

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 08:06:08 +0900

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 27 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I split up the previously merged to "next" ab/cmake-nix-and-ci and
>>> submitted the uncontroversial parts of it as:
>>
>> Not gathering any interest by folks who will be affected is
>> different from being uncontroversial, though.  It may not have seen
>> any controversy so far, but once it reappears in my tree and
>> sufficiently advances to cause trouble to other people, it would.
>>
>> In other words, I am saving time and energy of people by waiting for
>> positive support on these changes.
>
> These changes had made it to "next" already on the basis of the feedback
> the topic already got.

After the topic turned out to be unwanted, I am not sure how much
weight we want to give to the supportive opinions that initially
pushed it to 'next'.