Subject: Re: [PATCH] Makefile: use sha1collisiondetection by default on OSX and Darwin

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 16:26:56 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio: I see in the meantime you've queued your own
> https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/;
> which is currently in "seen".

Yes, as I said, I intend to merge it to 'next' in tomorrow's
pushout, and then fast track all three topics (Peff's "-O0",
Eric/Ævar's "use git_SHA_CTX abstraction", and "osx-clan uses
sha1dc") down to 'master'.  As you chose to make this topic hostage
to the other multi-part topic, which is likely to be slowed down and
require rerolls for typofixes and possible bikeshedding, by the time
this topic becomes ready, it is likely that it would already be in
'master' and you'd have to rebase on that.

Isn't this step of much higher importance than the other multi-part
topic?  I do not see why you chose to take it a hostage to the other
one.  Let's all learn to give priorities to produce sufficiently
focused fixes that also sufficiently cover important issues.  Frills
and niceties can come on top later.