Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2022, #04; Thu, 15)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 18:25:18 -0700

Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> * tb/diffstat-with-utf8-strwidth (2022-09-14) 1 commit
>>  - diff.c: use utf8_strwidth() to count display width
>>
>>  "git diff --stat" etc. were invented back when everything was ASCII
>>  and strlen() was a way to measure the display width of a string;
>>  adjust them to compute the display width assuming UTF-8 pathnames.
>>
>>  Expecting a reroll.
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>>
>
> Just a question:
> Is the patch good "as is" ?

I thought I spotted and pointed out a few remaining bugs?

> Further developments need to go into different patches anyway.
> /Torsten

But these two bugs affect how the width of the lines is computed,
the computation for same number the patch tries to fix, so leaving
them broken would not make the end result any better than status
quo, no?