Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] sequencer: do not translate reflog messages

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 15:42:25 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 19 2022, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Doesn't that also mean that the relevant functionality is now also (and
>>> still?) broken on any repository where these translations ended up
>>> on-disk?
>>
>> It may, but the first response to that problem is not to make the
>> breakage in repositires worse by keep adding unparseable data to
>> them.
>
> *nod*, but where is that breakage specifically?

Set your LANG to something other than C and then run "git reflog"
after running sequencer operations, and you'll see the same breakage
that motivated Michael to send this patch set, I think.