Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/3] completion: sparse-checkout updates

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 11:54:29 -0800

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ævar had a good comment about code coverage on Windows that we might
> want to address first[1].  (Namely, splitting one test into two -- one
> that tests a path with backslashes that can be skipped on windows, and
> a separate test that checks paths with spaces, tabs, and non-ascii
> that can be run on all platforms.)

According to the lazy-prereq definition for FUNNYNAMES, we seem to
skip tab-embedded names on windows, so it may not be used on all
platforms, but such a detail aside...

I do not get why funny letters should matter and need to be tested
specially in the first place, to be honest, but because we have with
FUNNYNAMES prereq already, hiding some tests behind it would be a
good idea regardless.

> But other than that, yeah, this should be ready for 'next'.
>
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Thanks.