Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/9] ssh signing: Add commit & tag signing/verification via SSH keys using ssh-keygen

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 10:35:35 -0700

Fabian Stelzer <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have this prepared but not ready for submission. I wanted to wait
> until openssh 8.7 is released (which happened recently) to make sure
> their api for this newly added feature does not change.
> I will be on vacation for the next 2 weeks but can submit it afterwards.
> I have a few additional features in mind but wanted to wait for the
> basic functionality to settle before piling stuff on top.

Reasonable.

In the meantime, people seem to be finding issues with OpenSSH 8.7's
keygen, so before doing any *new* things, we'd like to see an update
to make the stuff already posted and reviewed to work with the newer
OpenSSH.  Hoping that the fix for the incompatibility with 8.7 is
small enough, I am planning to keep the version we already have in
our tree (in 'next' but not in 'master'), so that an incremental
patch will be able to highlight what the differences are when the
bug is fixed.

After the dust settles, of course, trust on first use may be one of
the first sensible thing to add, and there may be other enhancements,
but let's see a solid base to build upon.

And please continue enjoying your vacation ;-) Looking forwared to
hearing from you when you come back.

[Reference]

* https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/