Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Makefile: replace perl/Makefile.PL with simple make rules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 11:42:45 -0800

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I did this immediately after applying; please double check.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Thanks. Looks good to me. I'll incorporate that info future
> submissions if there's more stuff to fix, but for now if you could
> queue it like that that would be great.

Well the thing is that I cannot queue this and Dan's at the same
time, while both of these topics are expected to be in flux.  For
today's pushout, I tentatively kicked out Dan's relative path series
and queued this one to see how well it works with the rest of the
system, after giving this patch another round of reading.

It seemed that Dan was happy with (an earlier draft of?) this
build procedure simplification patch, so hopefully we can solidify
this one reasonably quickly and ask the relative path series to be
rebuilt on top of it?

Thanks.