Subject: Re: [PATCH] systemd socket activation support

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 08:47:04 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Shawn Landden <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Shawn Landden <[email-masked]>
>>
>> [PATCH] systemd socket activation support
>
> This patch feels like an RFC rather than a properly fleshed-out
> submission. If so, indicate such in the subject. Also, mention the
> area you're touching, followed by a colon, followed by the summary of
> the change:
>
>     [PATCH/RFC] daemon: add systemd support
> ...

Everything Eric said ;-)

Another thing is that this must be a build-time conditional.  Not
all platforms can use systemd in the first place, and some people
may choose not to use it even if the platform is capable of.

I was somewhat surprised that sd-daemon.c needed to be built on our
side, not used from systemd support library, as what it did looked
very common and not specific to our needs. I would have expected to
see inclusion of "sd-daemon.h" with -lsystemd-daemon or something on
the command line.