Subject: Re: [PATCH] clean: style fix for 9f93e46 (git-clean: use a git-add-interactive ...)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:17:33 -0800

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy  <[email-masked]> writes:

> -	int (*fn)();
> +	int (*fn)(void);

This is an independent fix that has already been merged to 'maint',
but to any topic that forked before the merge happened I need to
apply the fix without committing it when I test it in isolation, and
I screwed up when I did that SQUASH??? in question by running a
casual "commit -a" (or perhaps "add -u").  My bad.

When your series (with the squash) is merged to any integration
branch, this hunk becomes redundant, so I'd remove it from the
SQUASH???

When I do a SQUASH???, I expect the original authors use it as a
hint in their rerolls, but because this series has seen no comments
so far (no interests???), I do not foresee or expect you to feel a
need for rerolling at this point.  If you agree that the remainder
of the SQUASH??? (shown below) is sensible, I'll turn it into a
"fixup!" for cc44d4fe (untracked cache: load from UNTR index
extension, 2014-12-08) and requeue.

Thanks for catching my mistake before it gets too old.

 dir.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/dir.c b/dir.c
index ef58547..95ff3f0 100644
--- a/dir.c
+++ b/dir.c
@@ -2459,7 +2459,7 @@ struct untracked_cache *read_untracked_extension(const void *data, unsigned long
 	const struct ondisk_untracked_cache *ouc;
 	struct untracked_cache *uc;
 	struct read_data rd;
-	const unsigned char *next = data, *end = data + sz;
+	const unsigned char *next = data, *end = (const unsigned char *)data + sz;
 	struct strbuf sb = STRBUF_INIT;
 	int len;