Subject: Re: Question about the revision walking API

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 02:24:58 -0800

Mike Hommey <[email-masked]> writes:

> I would like to know if the revision walking API works as one would
> expect with a calling sequence like the following:
>
> - init_revisions
> - add_pending_object/setup_revisions
> - prepare_revision_walk
> - get_revision (repeated)
> - reset_revision_walk (I guess)

Around here you would need to clear flag bits left on the objects by
your previous traversal.  After "git log A..B", commits in that
range would have various combinations of SEEN, ADDED and SHOWN
flags, and also some commits reachable from A would be marked as
UNINTERESTING.  You do not want these to interfere with your next
traversal which may not have anything to do with what you computed
with the previous round.

> - add_pending_object
> - prepare_revision_walk
> - get_revision (repeated)