Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 14/19] tree-diff: rework diff_tree interface to be sha1 based

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:06:31 -0700

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am 3/27/2014 19:48, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
>>> From: Kirill Smelkov <[email-masked]>
>>> Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:21:46 +0400
>>> ...
>> 
>> By the way, in general I do not appreciate people lying on the Date:
>> with an in-body header in their patches, either in the original or
>> in rerolls.
>
> format-patch is not very cooperative in this aspect. When I prepare a
> patch series with format-patch, I find myself editing out the Date: line
> from all patches it produces again and again. :-(

I am not sure what you mean.  If you are pasting the format-patch
output into an editor your MUA is using to receive the body of the
message from you, you would remove all the non-body lines, not just
Date: but Subject: and From:, no?