Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 03/17] safe_create_leading_directories(): add explicit "slash" pointer

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 09:41:15 -0800

Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]> writes:

> I agree that it would be reasonable to use is_dir_sep() in the
> implementation of this function, at least unless/until somebody does the
> work to figure out whether callers should really only be passing it
> forward-slash-normalized paths.
>
> Please be careful, though, because I don't think this function is
> capable of handling arbitrary Windows paths, like for example
> //host/path format, either before or after my change.
>
> Let me know if you would like me to merge or rebase the is_dir_sep()
> changes into this patch series.

I'd want SSchuberth and windows folks to be at least aware of this
series and preferrably see that they offer inputs to this series,
making their is_dir_sep() change just one step in this series.  That
way I have one less series to worry about ;-)

Thanks.