Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk: fix history window panes position

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2025 11:23:11 +0900

Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]> writes:

> BTW, the email that I received was not usable for git-am because its
> body was base64-encoded. I had to copy the text from my MUA to a text
> file before I could apply it with git-am. If you have trouble sending
> out unencoded, raw text mails, please use Gitgitgadget if there is more
> than one patch in the series.

"git am" (actually "git mailsplit" that is called from it to extract
what can be used by "git apply") should be able to deal with

    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

so there may be something else going on.  The rendition at lore

https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

seems to show that it has in-body headers that should have been
moved to e-mail headers, but otherwise it looks more or less like
legit patch e-mail without anything unusual.  It could be the patch
may be full of ^M, but we cannot tell from the way lore/public-inbox
shows its messages.