Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 8/9] pack-objects: introduce '--stdin-packs=follow'

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2025 08:27:55 -0700

Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:

> +	enum stdin_packs_mode mode = *(enum stdin_packs_mode *)data;
> +	if (mode == STDIN_PACKS_MODE_FOLLOW) {
> +		if (object->type == OBJ_BLOB && !has_object(the_repository,
> +							    &object->oid, 0))
> +			return;

Sorry for making a comment that is not about the contents of the
patch, but since we were discussing clang-format elsewhere, and this
happens to be a case the tool gets it right, the above should read
more like:

		if (object->type == OBJ_BLOB &&
		    !has_object(the_repository, &object->oid, 0))
			return;

cf. Documentation/CodingGuidelines

 - When splitting a long logical line, with everything else being
   equal, it is preferable to split after the operator at higher
   level in the parse tree.