Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/20] reftable: stop using "git-compat-util.h"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2025 14:48:42 -0800

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> Changes in v2:
>   - The splitup of Windows headers has broken compilation because some
>     of the headers couldn't be found anymore. I've fixed this more
>     generally by converting includes in "compat/" to always be relative
>     to the project source directory, dropping the platform-specific
>     `-Icompat/` include.

Nice.

Use of -Icompat/plat/ would make more sense if our sources include
a header file using the standard name of a file that usually appear
in /usr/include/ on a platform that either lacks /usr/include/foo.h
or whose /usr/include/foo.h is inadequate by giving a replacement
definition in compat/plat/foo.h we ship.  But that is not how we use
them, so I very much like this change.

>  -:  ---------- > 15:  3a4949d74d compat: consistently resolve headers via project root

Will take a look and replace.

Thanks.