Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 5/5] doc: add technical design doc for large object promisors

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2024 10:28:29 +0900

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> Let's add a design doc about how we could improve handling liarge blobs
> using "Large Object Promisors" (LOPs). It's a set of features with the
> goal of using special dedicated promisor remotes to store large blobs,
> and having them accessed directly by main remotes and clients.
>
> Signed-off-by: Christian Couder <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  .../technical/large-object-promisors.txt      | 530 ++++++++++++++++++
>  1 file changed, 530 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 Documentation/technical/large-object-promisors.txt

Kudos to whoever suggested to write this kind of birds-eye view
document to help readers understand the bigger picture.  Such a "we
want to go in this direction, and this small piece fits within that
larger picture this way" is a good way to motivate readers.

Hopefully I'll have time to comment on different parts of the
documents, but the impression I got was that we should write with
fewer "we could" and instead say more "we aim to", i.e. be more
assertive.

Thanks.