Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/3] Link worktrees with relative paths

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2024 12:00:12 -0700

Caleb White via B4 Relay <[email-masked]> writes:

> - Rebased onto [email-masked]
> ...
> base-commit: 4ec4435df758668055cc904ef64c275bc8d1089b
> change-id: 20241007-wt_relative_paths-88f9cf5a070c
> prerequisite-message-id: <[email-masked]>
> prerequisite-patch-id: 78371f4dbb635e6edab8c51ee7857b903e60df8f

It is more common on this list to explain how the base was prepared
in the cover letter, something like:

    The patch was built on the result of merging the
    es/worktree-repair-copied topic, i.e. 992f7a4f (worktree: repair
    copied repository and linked worktrees, 2024-09-23), to v2.47.0.

To help those who are reading from sidelines, the above may need
some deciphering, as the patches as posted do not cleanly apply to
the base-commit 4ec4435df, which is 777489f9 (Git 2.47, 2024-10-06).

    $ git grep '<2024092307...charter.net>' notes/amlog

finds that the message resulted in 992f7a4f (worktree: repair copied
repository and linked worktrees, 2024-09-23).  So the right base to
apply them is obtained by checking out the v2.47.0 and then merging
the es/worktree-repair-copied topic (which is a single commit topic
with the 992f7a4f on it).

    $ git checkout --detach 4ec4435df758^0
    $ git merge --into cw/worktree-relative es/worktree-repair-copied
    $ git am -s ./+cw-worktree-relative-3-patch-series

And of course the series applied cleanly ;-)  I haven't read them
yet, though.

Thanks.