Subject: Re: [PATCH] test-lib.sh: discover "git" in subdirs of "contrib/buildsystems/out"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 08:00:01 +0900

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Junio please drop this series when you rebuild next as it breaks
>> manually running individual test scripts when building with Visual
>> Studio.
>
> I think the issue you've spotted is easily fixed on top. See below.

Smells more like papering over than fixed, but let's see how folks
who need cmake/ctest feel about it.

Let's mark the series never to graduate to 'master' for now,
optionally revert it out of 'next'.

    Phillip, you asked about rebuilding 'next', which would not
    happen until 2.39.0 final---did you mean reverting the topic out
    of 'next'?  Do you need 'next' without this topic, not just
    'master'?

I'll then wait for something both camps (you and folks on Visual
Studio?) can agree on to requeue.

Thanks.