Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] sequencer: do not translate reflog messages

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 14:20:27 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not sure if you mean "where are we parsing this sequencer message
> specifically", or if you're just asking where we parse reflog messages
> at all. If the latter, try interpret_nth_prior_checkout() and its helper
> grab_nth_branch_switch().
>
> As far as I know, that's the only one we parse, so the answer for
> _these_ messages is: nowhere.

Unless translation in some language of these messages looks similar
to what 'nth-prior' wants to find.  So the answer really is "asking
if somebody parses _these_ messages is pointless" ;-)

I outlined one possible approach to allow translat{able,ed} reflog
messages without breaking 'nth-prior' and would allow us add more
code to mechanically parse them if we wanted to elsewhere in the
thread, by the way.  I do not plan to work on it soon, but without
doing something like that first, letting translated messages
randomly into reflog is asking for trouble, I am afraid.