Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] cache-tree.c: remove implicit dependency on the_repository

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 22:36:57 -0700

Chinmoy Chakraborty <[email-masked]> writes:

>> And if you are building somewhere other than the tip of 'master', it
>> is necessary to say where, in order to save confusion and wasted
>> effort for your readers.  E.g.  "This patch was made on top of
>> merging topic 'X' and 'Y' into 'master'".  Then you'd only have to
>> wait for 'X' and 'Y' to graduate to 'master' before the topic can
>> proceed.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Should this information also be added to the commit message
>
> or just the cover letter of the patch?

We often see people write it in the cover letter for multi-patch
series.  For a single patch topic, it is written under the
three-dash line.

Thanks.