Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2021, #03; Wed, 10)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 22:08:58 -0800

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 7:05 PM Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> --------------------------------------------------
>> [New Topics]
> ...
>
> Is there any reason the topics at
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#t
>
> and
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/T/#t
>
> haven't been picked up yet?

While we are in pre-release freeze, I'd refrain from picking up a
brand new code with nontrivial complexity that is under discusion on
the list (because I know I cannot spare enough bandwidth to keep up
with the discussion and picking up an early iteration, and risking
to merge it down without refreshing it with a newer iteration by
mistake, is not a good tradeoff), while I am busy dealing with
prerelease issues.  I do use the spare time to follow discussions on
topics that are already in tree and possibly replace them with their
newer rounds, and also new code that are of less importance and
easier to reason about.