Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 0/3] Cloning with remote unborn HEAD

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 21:25:57 -0800

Jonathan Tan <[email-masked]> writes:

> For what it's worth, here's v7 with advertise/allow/ignore and by
> default, advertise. I think that some server operators will have use for
> this feature, and people who want to disable it for whatever reason can
> still do so. The main disadvantage is complexity - the server knob that
> server administrators will need to control (but between a simpler
> allow/ignore knob and a more complicated advertise/allow/ignore knob, I
> think we might as well go for the slightly more complex one) and
> complexity in the code (but now that is constrained to one function and
> a few global variables).
>
> As you can see from the range-diff, not much has changed from v6.
>
> I've also included Junio's suggestion of tightening the promise made by
> the server (when the client says "unborn").

This looks reasonable overall, especially with the feature turned on
by default, we'd hopefully get reasonable exposure from the get-go.

Let's mark the topic to be merged to 'next' soonish, unless people
object.

Thanks.