Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jun 2020, #06; Mon, 29)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 08:39:41 -0700

Đoàn Trần Công Danh  <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2020-06-29 18:00:11-0700, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> * js/default-branch-name (2020-06-24) 9 commits
>>   (merged to 'next' on 2020-06-25 at 8f962f9219)
>>  + testsvn: respect `init.defaultBranch`
>>  + remote: use the configured default branch name when appropriate
>>  + clone: use configured default branch name when appropriate
>>  + init: allow setting the default for the initial branch name via the config
>>  + init: allow specifying the initial branch name for the new repository
>>  + docs: add missing diamond brackets
>>  + submodule: fall back to remote's HEAD for missing remote.<name>.branch
>>  + send-pack/transport-helper: avoid mentioning a particular branch
>>  + fmt-merge-msg: stop treating `master` specially
>>  (this branch is used by hn/reftable.)
>> 
>>  The name of the primary branch in existing repositories, and the
>>  default name used for the first branch in newly created
>>  repositories, is made configurable, so that we can eventually wean
>>  ourselves off of the hardcoded 'master'.
>> 
>>  Will merge to 'master'.
>
> Hi Junio,
>
> I've posted a following up patch to change git-subtree in contrib
> because of the change in fmt-merge-msg at <[email-masked]>

I did see the message by the time I sent out the "What's cooking"
report, but given that the report is typically written after the
day's integration cycle queued all new and updated topics, shuffled
order of topics in 'seen', and possibly merged a bunch of topics to
either 'master' or 'next', some new patches I see after the process
for the day started may not be included.

> Don't know if it should be reviewed and merged separately, or it
> should go with this topic?

I think this is trivially correct, and especially with Dscho's Ack
we saw, it can be safely queued on top of the default-branch-name
topic and graduate together.

Thanks.