Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] log: add log.follow config option

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 10:58:04 -0700

David Turner <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, 2015-07-09 at 10:23 -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> <snip>
>> If I were David and sending this v4 patch, it would have looked like
>> this.
>>
>> -- >8 --
>> 
>> From: David Turner <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 21:29:34 -0400
>> Subject: [PATCH v4] log: add "log.follow" configuration variable
>> 
>> People who work on projects with mostly linear history with frequent
>> whole file renames may want to always use "git log --follow" when
>> inspecting the life of the content that live in a single path.
>> 
>> Teach the command to behave as if "--follow" was given from the
>> command line when log.follow configuration variable is set *and*
>> there is one (and only one) path on the command line.
>
>
> Thanks.  That version is much better.

No, thank _you_; we should be thanking you for helping us improve
the system ;-)